This Environmental, Health Safety & Sustainability (EHSS) position with Industrial Hygiene (IH) qualification and experience will be responsible for performing occupational health and safety program related tasks in a team environment.
Typical duties will involve the following:
Support the EHSS Manager administer traditional IH and Safety programs such as industrial ventilation, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, indoor air quality, water-based fluid management program, hearing conservation, lead & asbestos, indoor air quality, respiratory protection, confined spaces, cryogenic fluid safety, chemical safety, Laser Safety and others as assigned by the site EHSS Manager.
Perform Electromagnetic Energy Exposure surveys in accordance with Regulatory and Company (EEEC) Standard.
Conduct both qualitative and quantitative IH assessments to evaluate employee exposure to potential hazards and interpret data to determine appropriate controls to eliminate hazardous exposures.
Understand and communicate IH sample and survey data to affected management and employees. Maintain IH recordkeeping in accordance with department and Company recordkeeping requirements.
Interpret federal, state and local laws, regulations, and orders as they apply to IH practices, protocol and regulatory reporting.
Maintain/advance specific Health & Safety program areas and support related needs for Goleta & Lompoc site employees.
Investigate and resolve Health & Safety issues, questions, or concerns received from within the company, among outside customers, regulatory agencies, etc. Support the injury/incident root cause investigations process.
Be familiar with cleanroom and material growth environments.
Support emergency response activities as required.
Job may require entry into potentially hazardous environments for evaluation and/or monitoring purposes.
· Minimum 10 years of experience in managing comprehensive industrial hygiene programs.
· Experience with principals of industrial hygiene and safety.
· Experience with Cal OSHA regulations and ANSI Standards.
· Current 40 Hour HazWoper Certification.
· Experience diagnosing complex industrial hygiene operations and issues, determine appropriate alternatives and controls, and implement practical and effective solutions in a timely manner.
· Experience working in Microsoft Windows.
· Experience with database and use of other information gathering systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, industrial/safety engineering, or related field.
· Master’s Degree in industrial hygiene or safety engineering preferred.